The Nimbin Chamber of Commerce promotes the interests of its members and community by fostering the economic and cultural well being of the Nimbin area.
The Chamber aims to:
- Represent interests that promote economic and cultural activity in the Nimbin area.
- Recognise that Nimbin is a unique area where economic activity should be appropriate and sustainable and cultural integrity is upheld for our community as a whole.
- Assist and promote the establishment of appropriate economic activities by providing support, mentoring and advice and promoting employment and training in the Nimbin area.
- Actively seek in community partnerships grants or other sources of funding to support the aims of the chamber and the economic and social development of Nimbin.
We promote, business goodwill and tourism in our local area through:
- Recognising the unique nature of Nimbin and the need for economic activity to be appropriate and sustainable and in the interests of our diverse membership
- Promoting appropriate and sustainable tourism for the area
- Supporting the development of infrastructure and services by entering into collaborative partnerships with local organisations and interest groups
- Providing a forum for discussion of any issues affecting local business, and a conduit for following up with relevant bodies such as Lismore Council.
- Providing members with access to a range of member benefits and services from the Chamber Alliance program with Northern Rivers NSW Business Chamber.
- A commitment to transparency within our organisation and within the business culture of Nimbin as a whole.
- A commitment to grass roots values of our community