Studies have shown that money spent at a locally owned business stays in the local economy & continues to strengthen the economic base of the community. “BUY LOCAL NIMBIN” is an initiative to identify, promote & support locally owned enterprise to secure stable, sustainable & abundant regional economy. It aims to:
- Market the concept & benefits of buying locally.
- Promote local enterprise.
- Provide a recognisable mark if identification for locally owned businesses & products.
- Provide a forum for communication between local businesses & producers & facilitate the exchange of local goods & services.
- Develop a network of distribution for locally made products.
Why Buy Local?
*The Multiplier Effect : Money spent at a local business is three times more likely to re-circulate within the local community. Buy Local.
*Economic Stability : Less reliance on outside inputs and less subject to external economic fluctuations.
*Foster local Job creation : Independent businesses create more jobs locally and are the largest group of employers nationwide
*Encourage local prosperity : Entrepreneurship, innova- tion, self-reliance and inspiration for the next generation.
*Better Service : Local knowledge, experience and ac- countability.
*Invest in Community : Local business owners live in the community they serve – they are less likely to move pro- duction off-shore and are reliable generators of wealth, income and jobs, as well as securing property assets in lo- cal hands.
*Nurture Community : Local business owners and their employees are actively involved in their community— sporting clubs, schools and other community groups, as well as being generous supporters of charitable causes.
Celebrate our Uniqueness! Love where you live